Home About UH Academic Calendar Courses Undergraduate Education Graduate Education Degrees, Minors, & Certificates Colleges, Schools, & Academic Units








Graduate Division

Spalding 360
2540 Maile Way
Honolulu, HI 96822
Tel: (808) 956-7541

Associate Dean
Spalding 359
2540 Maile Way
Honolulu, HI 96822
Tel: (808) 956-8950

Graduate Division Records Office
Spalding 352
2540 Maile Way
Honolulu, HI 96822
Tel: (808) 956-8500
(808) 956-4256 (Voice/Text)
Web: www.hawaii.edu/graduate

Graduate Division Admissions Office
Spalding 354
2540 Maile Way
Honolulu, HI 96822
Tel: (808) 956-8544
(808) 956-4257 (Voice/Text)
E-mail: admissions@grad.hawaii.edu
Web: www.hawaii.edu/graduatestudies

Graduate Division Fellowships and Scholarships Office
Spalding 354D
2540 Maile Way
Honolulu, HI 96822
Tel: (808) 956-8113

Graduate education and research are inseparable in a comprehensive university. The administration of these two areas is coordinated by the vice chancellor for research and graduate education. The vice chancellor is assisted by a dean and an assistant graduate dean.

Graduate Council

Members of the Graduate Council are appointed on the recommendation of the dean of the Graduate Division. The council advises the associate dean on graduate courses, programs, and administrative matters.

Graduate Asembly

The Graduate Assembly is composed of the chairs of each graduate program. It functions as an advisory board to the dean on major policy matters and serves as a forum for discussion on matters pertaining to graduate study.

Chairs of the Graduate Programs

The chairs of the graduate programs are appointed by the dean of the Graduate Division. The chairs in turn recommend faculty advisors or committees for graduate students working toward advanced degrees. If the dean of the Graduate Division concurs, he/she appoints the persons recommended by the chairs.

The chairs of the graduate programs serve as the liaison with the Graduate Division in matters of policy, rule changes, program effectiveness, and general graduate student affairs. They advise the Graduate Division on admission of graduate students, advise graduate students on their degree programs, review graduate student petitions, keep records on their graduate students, and certify that degree candidates have completed all requirements.

Graduate Student Organization

See the “Student Life” section for information on this organization.

WICHE Programs

See the “Tuition, Fees, and Financial Aid” section for information on these programs.