Home About UH Academic Calendar Courses Undergraduate Education Graduate Education Degrees, Minors, & Certificates Colleges, Schools, & Academic Units


Degree, Minors and Certificates Offered

General Information

Accreditations and Affiliations

Certificate Programs

Marine Option Program


Undergraduate Programs

Colleges of Arts and Sciences Program Requirements

BA Degree

BFA Degree

BMus Degree

BS Degree

Second or Multiple Majors and Minors

Second Baccalaureate Degree

Professional Programs

Graduate Programs

Student Organizations

Honors and Awards

Instructional and Research Facilities

Center for Biographical Research

Language Learning Center

Manoa Writing Program

Second Language Teaching and Curriculum Center

National Foreign Language Resource Center



Colleges of Arts and Sciences

Undergraduate Programs

The Colleges of Arts and Sciences offer the bachelor of arts (BA), the bachelor of fine arts (BFA), the bachelor of music (BMus), and the bachelor of science (BS) degrees in more than 40 different majors. In addition, the Colleges offer over 20 minors. Each degree includes General Education Core courses, a specific field of concentration (the major), and courses in subjects that contribute to that major or are of special interest to the student (electives or minor).

Although UH Manoa’s General Education requirements must be completed by all candidates for baccalaureate degrees, each arts and sciences degree program requires candidates to satisfy a unique combination of core courses and prerequisites. A list of program requirements for each of the arts and sciences bachelor’s degrees is available at the Colleges of Arts and Sciences Student Academic Services Office, Hawaii Hall 108.

The field of concentration or major should be declared by the end of the sophomore year by submitting a completed College and Major Transfer Request form to the Student Academic Services Office. Music and dance majors and majors offered under the bachelor of science should be declared within the first year of enrollment.

Information on specific majors and minors is available at the respective academic departments.